Hei,

> > Should we have a campaign of a Dell offering OpenOffice.org
> > pre-installed with a banner saying 'Make it Possible'.
> >
> > Anyone up for this idea.
>
> Yes! great idea.

I think the most efficient approach would be to just start a rumor that
they would. ;-)

What is the specific plan for this idea? Do we just create a banner?
Where is it gonna be shown?

Another suggestion:
To me this seems like a good opportunity to get some text written that
can then also be used in why.openoffice.org.

What i'm thinking of is a well written, nicely reading marketing bla
text that pinpoints the key benefits of OOo specifically for the OEM
market. Not just a couple of key phrases as found on the wiki (last time
i looked), but the next step following them: transforming them into an
elaborating narrative, that can be used in several occasions afterwards.
If the text would be the length to fit a standard threefold mini-flyer,
that would be great.

The key benefits for that particular market seem to be:
* deliver a high-quality PC bundle at the lowest possible cost
* fully-featured software compatible with buyers legacy data
* no requirement to state 'we recommend OpenOffice.org' on all your
advertising literature
* freedom to re-brand the suite

from the OEMs (Dells!) view:
So why is it high-quality?
Why would i gain the lowest possible cost?
Do i really?
What are my (as OEM) objections and can you meet them?
What does fully-featured mean?
What is OOo compatible with and how does that help me?
How is it a benefit for me that i don't need to put phrases in my
advertising literature and am free to re-brand the suite?

The text should try to cover all of these upcoming questions, how stupid
they may seem.

This is the reason why on the current why-dev draft the target market
pages are so dull: because i was lacking such kind of good elaborations
that draw the bridge between the general OOo features/benefits and the
specific requirements of the target markets.

Unfortunately, i've got a couple of other things at hand and really
don't have neither the resources nor the competence to do it right now.
So i can only get the suggestion out there.

André.