Hi Graham,

> I'm mainly concerned about logistics.
> Once we've got this merchandise, what are we going to with it.
> Who's going to pay for shipping to wherever it goes.
> Where's it going to get stored in the meantime.
> How is the decision to distribute and to whom, going to be made.
> These are all critical elements that need deciding.

I don't think we have to elaborate on these too much. Regarding
logistics, I've written to @native-lang.oo.o to see what demand of
t-shirts we have, unfortunately without many replies so far. But I guess
that in each project there are people who can store them and send boxes
out when there is the need to do so. Shipping is not this expensive.

Distribution should be up to the NLC projects. They can give the shirts
away for free, or ask for a donation, IMHO.

>  It's not "just some merchandise"  If that was the case and we were not going
> for a specific campaign, then I would be going for a number of sets of really
> good display rigs for trade shows and the like.  Booth banners, Table covers,
> CD display racks all packed in well designed roadcases so they could be
> shipped all over.  Small time stuff people can do local, good professional
> looking Show display rigs are difficult.
>
> It would be a much more sensible way to use the money rather than just spend
> it.

We've been through that kind of discussions, and I admitted that it
would have been better to get earlier notification about the money, so
we could have planned better.

But, now we have 15.000 $ to produce merchandise, and it will be
t-shirts and maybe mousepads or mugs, and we just should do something
with the money. NOW.

Florian