On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:03:26 -0600, Cor Nouws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Viktor,

Viktor wrote (29-11-2007 23:25)
Ok. I was thinking about how most people find out about any products - lets
say MS Office. You see commercials on tv and all over the internet, and
print ads too. [...]

Thanks for your enthusiasm. But OOo isn't MsO. So our marketing can't the same. And should not be, just to distinguish. There are quite some, often lengthy, discussions on many lists. I'm sure you can use part of your idea's (preferably the easy targets ;-) ) to solve the problems in other discussions. That's much easier for all than starting a new one with new big challenges ...

Hope you don't mind that I react a bit directly, but it is how I feel that your positive will can be most effective :-)

Kindest regards,
Cor

Althought at the same time , I don't see that you really need millions of dollars to get an OOo commercial and put it up on youtube. If you have a digital camera you can at least pull out those Mac-like commercials. You just need a tripod, a cammera and a white backround and get a funny script.

I have seen many people doing really creative shows on youtube wihtout the need of 100,000 budget in funding. I would like to have a diggnation-like show focusing on OpenOffice.org at least some short shots and just spread them on youtube.com blip.tv etc.

--
Alexandro Colorado
Help the Tabasco Relief efforts: