Hi Cor, all
Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Martin,

Martin Hollmichel wrote (23-1-2008 14:10)

some time ago we agreed that we need better Release notes (<http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?list=releases&by=thread&from=1919869>).

Wishes yes, but commitments ...

[...] For 2.3 release I would like to see
-A-
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/New_Features_2.3#New_Features_in_OpenOffice.org_2.3 and
-B-
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/New_Features_2.3#Known_issues as the new release notes for 2.3. As an appendix to that we could use
-C-
the http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/New_Features_2.3#Full_list and the old release notes as a technical changelog document.

A is fun to read, and has good promotional value, but hardly helps anyone using new features. B is important to know and C is what many users want. So IMHO it is definitely more than a change-log.

For OOo 2.4 there is http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Testing_2.4 available but not yet something like <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/New_Features_2.4>. I would like to have new Release Notes available with the first release candidate mid of February, will this be possible, is this doable ?

As mentioned before, it is on my list. And I know I have to put it in my agenda as well. It's uncertain if I can find enough time for the whole job. But I will be able to make a start this week and see that I get some others involved. Then we have another three weeks left, so my guess is that it must be doable, expecting that I find some others to help.

Even more: if one/some others is/are handy in making screenshots and placing them in the Wiki, the 2.3 version could even be improved. And thus it could mover from 'draft' to 'final' (didn't notice before that is was draft :-) ).

Count me in. Just tell me the workflow you want to put in place (and the dead lines) and I'll follow it :)
Kind regards
Sophie