Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Andrew Ziem wrote (28-3-2008 16:14)
Cor Nouws wrote:
Andrew Ziem wrote (28-3-2008 0:28)

I did a lot of editing of the Features 2.4 wiki page that (to my
surprise) became the release notes
<http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.4.0.html>.  As I could
find relevant information, I included links to other sites: GullFOSS
and (my site) OOoNinja.com.  All the links to latter disappeared, but
the text (like "Article") remains.

My first reaction was of some concern, because I vaguely remember that I've removed links from the info. Was in an extremely busy time, when sometimes I do stupid things. Further looking/thinking made clear to me that I only removed links to the OOo tech-announcements and double issues (documentation related). Pffew.. And I see, that you do not mean the wiki itself (1), but the main OOo-site.

Are these links not acceptable, or is this a mistake?  I hope I am
providing content valuable to users and welcomed by the community**.
If not, let me know directly.

If this omission was deliberate you may have missed the veoh.com video
link which I made.

I consider your blogs/site as valuable information. But OTOH, it is a kind of linking to one's personal site, maybe that's the reason why some others have their doubts for the links on the main OOo-site?

The <http://www.openoffice.org> home page itself used to link to various sites such as <http://nothickmanuals.info/doku.php/articles:schedulemacro>. Now the news items moved to <http://www.openoffice.org/news/index.html>. Is there a difference?

Yes of course. Can't you see it?
What - in the lines of the links at the homepage migth be a good one - is a single link at the bottom of the http://development...2.4.0.html page, pointing towards you blogs as source of interesting articles.
Hi Cor,

Sorry, I don't understand. On <http://development.openoffice.org/releases/2.4.0.html>, I don't see any links or references to oooninja.com . Because <http://www.openoffice.org/news/index.html> already links to "personal" sites and because there are no other objections, perhaps any relevant and useful links could be added back to the release notes.

Thanks for your reconsideration.

Andrew