Hi Alexandro, all,
Alexandro Colorado wrote:
Lately I have been talking with Louis the idean on empowering the MarCon initiative. Intense feedback and training are some of the ideas that I currently have about how to aproach the MarCon initaitve. A list of goals and activities and goals as well as metrics on the performance of the MarCons.

Thanks for that page :)

Please feel free to make this text richer and more useful to MarCons and please John create a link from the MarCon page to this wikipage. This could be useful for the new Marketing Contacts.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing/MarCons

May be we should emphasize that reading the SMP [1] is a good start to jump in the subject :) I think it's also important for a MarCon to get in contact with the Linux User Groups that exist in the country and if any, the local marketing contacts of the other development projects (like Mozilla, Gnome, etc...). This makes it easier to organize local FOSS events when several communities are joining and to shares the contacts too.

About events, we have a check list available on the site [2] and I remember I sent an how-to to Louis that should be on line somewhere, may be on the wiki.

In addition to what Charles mentioned, may be a list of OOo Contacts (or mailing lists) who can be reached quiet quickly in case of needs of further information (like Malte for a11y).

I'll add more details on the wiki about what I found to work in the todo locally list.

Kind regards
Sophie

[1]http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Strategic_Marketing_Plan
[2]http://www.openoffice.org/nonav/issues/showattachment.cgi/19452/J::s%20Conference%20Checklist.txt