Hello, John,

On Wed, 20 May 2009 21:08:51 +0100
John McCreesh <jp...@openoffice.org> wrote:

> Takashi NAKAMOTO wrote:
> > Hello, John,
> >
> > On Wed, 20 May 2009 08:23:21 +0100 (BST)
> > "John McCreesh" <jp...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, May 18, 2009 23:02, Takashi NAKAMOTO wrote:
> >> [snip]
> >> The cleaned download files by month are now available on
> >> http://marketing.openoffice.org/bouncer<yyyy><mm>.csv
> >> e.g.http://marketing.openoffice.org/bouncer200905.csv for the current
> >> month's data
> >
> > Thanks to Bernhard's indication, I successfully checked what you
> > actually uploaded.
> > (Unfortunately, I failed to see that page, too. I don't know why.)
> >
> >> If this is what you need, please let me know and I can set up a cron to
> >> update them daily
> >
> > Great! It's clean and doesn't have any garbage like what bouncer logs
> > have. And it is very good for us because we can open this file by Calc
> > and make fancy charts easily by ourselves.
> >
> > Then, could you set up the cron please? I would like to use such CSV
> > fils for localized marketing analysis.
> >
> > Hopefully, I want to have a direct access to the MySQL database because
> > scanning CSV files might be also slow. Anyway, I can start with CSV
> > files for the meanwhile.
> >
> > Best regards,
>
> Oops, a little typo, they're in a /bouncer/ directory:
>
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/bouncer/<yyyy><mm>.csv
> e.g.http://marketing.openoffice.org/bouncer/200905.csv for the current month

Aha! I confirmed it is available.

> I'll set the cron running - just need to remind myself how to do date
> arithmetic in bash :-)

Oops. I also forget the way to deal with date in bash ... yes, Google
search helps me :)

> I'm not too keen on opening up my firewall for MySQL access via the
> internet - could you load the csv's into MySQL (or Base) on your own PC?

All right. If I was in your position, I would also hesitate to open
such connection. I understand you and don't mind it. I can manage to do
with the CVS file.

Thank you for your effort, especially for cleaning the garbage of bouncer
logs. It is greatly helpful to analyze download counts.

Thanks,
--
Takashi NAKAMOTO <bluedw...@openoffice.org>