On Wed, December 9, 2009 6:38 pm, Ian wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 19:27 +0100, Juergen Schmidt wrote:
>> Hi Bernd,
>>
>> the relation to mobile apps was indeed intended ;-)
>>
>> But i am flexible, the problem is we need some ideas and the time is
>> running. We have to nail down the desing before Christmas, otherwise we
>> will run again into trouble with the production etc.
>
> I think the 100 million downloads is an excellent focus. I used it
> recently at a trade conference and you could see the jaws drop. Most
> people still don't see OOo as that big. We need to capitalise on such
> things. The exact details are less important than the central message
> that OOo is massive and global. 100 million provides the substance to
> that.

Agreed. It's also a number that we have hard evidence for, and which we
can prove significantly understates the true figure -
http://marketing.openoffice.org/marketing_bouncer_faq.html

John
--
John McCreesh - Marketing Project Lead - OpenOffice.org
Join the hundred million - http://why.openoffice.org