Ian wrote:
> I think the 100 million downloads is an excellent focus. I used it
> recently at a trade conference and you could see the jaws drop. Most
> people still don't see OOo as that big. We need to capitalise on such
> things. The exact details are less important than the central message
> that OOo is massive and global. 100 million provides the substance to
> that.

Standards support is also a selling point for OOo A lot of data could
soon be published as ODF:
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/12/white-house-orders-agencies-to-open-up/

The 100 million downloads is catchy.  Maybe it could be more of an eye
opener if the time could be brought into it.  e.g. 100 million downloads
in 400(*) days!

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/OpenOffice-project-celebrates-100-million-downloads-since-version-3-0-845243.html

/Lars

* W.A.G.