Christine Louise Beems wrote:
> If this Open Government directive is applicable to OOo, then a great
> opportunity could be to do our own news release (as immediately as
> possible), something like: "OOo Community Ready to Meet Obama's Open
> Government' Directive -- The OOo Community announced today that its
> Information Communication Technology (ICT) suite of professional
> productivity software applications are in compliance with the Obama
> Administration's stipulation for 'open format' technology in its Open
> Government push..... (etc.)" ~Christine

In the body of the press release, after the emphasis on OOo's support of
 the OpenDocument Format and collaboration with other ODF-supporting
projects, such as KOffice, there can be a nod to formats for EOL'd data.
OOo can export EOL'd data to PDF, the format which Adobe was marketing
for, as well as supporting ODF for live data.  CSV is worth a mention,
too, since I still see new tables of scientific data published as CSV
here and there.

/Lars