Florian Effenberger wrote (16-12-09 08:02)
I dont see why we shouldnt have both, most of the issues of the "real
conferences" is that we can't get a whole representation of the
community to come down to ground agreements. These was experience during
the latest and the one after that and a virtual meeting should enable us
to participate and accelerate the discussion.

that's the right "keyword": a virtual conference can accelerate and enhance things, but it cannot replace them. Thus, having a virtual OOoCon in addition to the regular ones is good for me, but I want to have at least one conference per year "in real life" :-)

I want to have at least two a year. I really love meeting all people.
But Johns question is, if we think it is wise looking at our earth and how we use it, to just do as we like it personally. So I would seriously consider the possibility to have one real life every second year and virtual ones in between.

Best,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws