From: Florian Effenberger [mailto:flo...@openoffice.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 16 December 2009 20:36
To: dev@marketing.openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [marketing] Virtual OOoCon 2011?

Hi,

> I suppose it comes down to how much money the OOoCon coordinators are
> willing to put into it.  Having a virtual conference would save tons of
> money plus make it far more accessible to those too busy to actually
attend
> the conference or can't afford it.

I see the issues, but nontheless, I'm against stopping the OOoCon!

OOo is one of the OSS projects with the least amount of own events
taking place, compared to other projects. If we now move our annual
conference to a virtual thing instead, this is a bad sign and won't help
us in getting new volunteers, it would even do the contrary...

Florian