On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 23:43 +0100, Juergen Schmidt wrote:

> you are probably right. In case of FOSDEM, we don't plan to produce CD's
> or DVD's. Most people have OOo anyway and a CD is fast outdated. In
> Europe most people are in the situation t have a fast internet
> connection and can easily download the program. It looks different in
> other countries where CD's or DVD's make much more sense.

Point was most people will pay 1 Euro to help support the project - it's
embarrassing to refuse 1 Euro. You can substitute CD/DVD for any other
tangible product that cost very little to produce and you can ask 1 Euro
for. An I support OOo badge for example. Just a way of getting some
revenue in. 300 people and at least you gain 300 Euros.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications