On 1/8/10 10:32 AM, Ian wrote:
On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 23:43 +0100, Juergen Schmidt wrote:

you are probably right. In case of FOSDEM, we don't plan to produce CD's
or DVD's. Most people have OOo anyway and a CD is fast outdated. In
Europe most people are in the situation t have a fast internet
connection and can easily download the program. It looks different in
other countries where CD's or DVD's make much more sense.

Point was most people will pay 1 Euro to help support the project - it's
embarrassing to refuse 1 Euro. You can substitute CD/DVD for any other
tangible product that cost very little to produce and you can ask 1 Euro
for. An I support OOo badge for example. Just a way of getting some
revenue in. 300 people and at least you gain 300 Euros.
exactly, we do the same and ask for donations. Some people give more than others and other people maybe give nothing. It worked very well in the past?

Juergen