On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Christine Louise Beems <christ...@gozarks.com>
wrote:
Question: I'm new to UTC... could someone who is knowledgable confirm (or
correct) my calculationg that 1800 UTC+1 is equal to 1pm Central Standard
Time on Monday, January 25... in the USA? Thanks... ~Christine

A tip to learn UTC (or get used to it) is to put alarms on your watch-cellphone
announcing the UTC time in your local time. After a week, your brain will be
able to bookmark relevant time cycles. For people doing a lot of international
meetings UTC is a real blessing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Florian Effenberger"
<flo...@openoffice.org>
To: <p...@marketing.openoffice.org>
Cc: <dev@marketing.openoffice.org>; <mar...@marketing.openoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:08 AM
Subject: [marketing] Re: [pr] Re: [marketing] dial-in details for phone
conference

Hi Peter,

Peter Junge wrote on 2010-01-20 08.33:

well that time slot is not too convenient for the APAC area. 1:00 AM in
China, 2:00 AM in Japan, 3:00 AM in East-Australia and 5:00 AM in New
Zealand.

well, we had a public vote at

http://www.doodle.com/participation.html?pollId=5p52mbss52maguib

and not so many people from this area voted. It's not easy to fit all
needs, but at least people need to vote and show their interest.

It's the same with Alexandro mentioning dialing in from several countries
is not possible, therefore we need free dialin numbers worldwide. Apart from
the money question, if I don't hear anything from these people, it's hard to
take them into consideration :|

So, please spread the word and make everyone who might be interested
aware!

Florian