Hi Peter,

Peter Junge wrote on 2010-01-21 03.16:

Well among 13 people who voted there are 2 living in China (Dong
Xiaohong and me), 1 in Japan (Kobayashi-san) and Graham is AFAIR from
New Zealand. That' about 30%. Well, Graham doesn't seem to care about
making calls in the middle of the night. Voting for majorities always
poses the risk to exclude minorities. Due to the large number of time
zones from U.S. West Coast to New Zealand a global phone conference will
never work. Maybe it's better to have some regional sub-conferences.

Rosana (thanks again!) yesterday found out that 9 PM German time might be a time that could fit for everyone. Let's keep that in mind next time and see if it's possible. On my normal workday, this could get hard after 10+ hours of work, but if there's enough interest and people can attend then, we can try it out.

I honestly wasn't aware that the chosen times are not good for all countries, that's why I was asking for feedback. The next time just ping me and let me know, so we can all benefit.

I guess we will learn something out of the things that went good and bad with this first conference, and can improve it for the next time. :-)

I can recommend Jajah (http://jajah.com/) a Internet calling service. To
join such a conference I would e.g. dial in to the German access point
for less than 3 Euro-cent per minute.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

Florian