Hi Rosana, *

Rosana Ardila Biela schrieb:
Hi,

I requested a quotation for the flying discs we talked about in the
list. You can find the information here:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoCon2010_flying_disc

I can't follow the link at the wiki page:
.../search?CreateDocument seems to be the container for a frame you wanted to share with us.

At the website there are different discs. Which one do you think of?

500 discs delivered to Budapest cost 428,40 EUR

Do we need delivery to Budapest? As the website is located in Germany, perhaps someone could take them with him/her?

Do you have any clue about the size of the package? I know of someone driving with the car - should we ask him?

As there isn't a lot of time (to have the discs delivered to Budapest on
the 30th of August we'd have to order them the 27th of July) it would be
good to make a decision as soon as possible.

I'd prefer being involved in design decisions, because this would have impact on our branding - especially if images of the flying discs should be shared around the world.

But if time is too short, I can't help here.

Just a remark:

If I read the wiki page right, you want to take blue discs with white logo and gull orb (plain or 3D?), so the color will not even be near to our official blue tone.

On the other hand this would mean a second color (black and blue), so costs will be much more (if I read the website right, this would mean about 30 Cent per disc).

I don't know which way to prefer - but I'd rather stay with less discs in our official colors than with more discs that doesn't help our branding efforts (even if the fact of using other background colors than the official ones is not yet explicitly mentioned in the branding guidelines draft).

If anyone can get a better offer that can still be delivered on time,
that would be great.

It's in fact a matter of pricing and time, but perhaps there is a shop in Hungary able to do such disks? Is anyone of the OOoCon team around here?

Best regards
Bernhard