Hi Lars, Rosana, all,

Bernhard Dippold schrieb:
[...]
Lars Nooden schrieb:
[...]
How would you recommend combining the new logo with two items of text?

a. 'www.openoffice.org'
b. some variation of 10th anniversary 2000 - 2010

I would think of the logo in the middle, "Tenth anniversary: 2000 -
2010" bent at the top and "http://www.openoffice.org"; bent at the base
of the disk.

I did a draft using the disc (changed color) from Rosana's link:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Flying_disc_proposal.png

At the right and left we could add the gull orb, if this fits visually.

I tried some combinations, but didn't find a good one.

As I don't want to reduce the size of the logo even more (restriction to a 100mm diameter for the graphic), there is no place at the side of the logo. Putting two orbs above and below the logo makes the space on the disc look crowded - an impression I wanted to avoid.

And in silk screening shadows and gradients could become problematic,

This design would stay close to the minimalistic design used in the start center and might even fit to the future branding design.

Best regards

Bernhard