Hi Russell,

sorry for not being able to give a valid advise, but at the moment we're stuck in trademark issues with the new logo.

While the old logo was to be used after a confirmation request (with positive reply) on lo...@marketing.ooo, new logo usage should be allowed after filling a form at the website and following the new trademark policy for OpenOffice.org.

Unfortunately Oracle legal seems to need even more time in examining the trademark policy draft, so there is no way to get approval for using this logo except with a single case request at the trademark owner - Oracle.

WorldLabel.com schrieb:
Hi Marketing

I am preparing templates "ready for print" with Openoffice.org
logos/artwork like this:
http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/4445 for CD Inserts, CD
labels, address labels, all size stickers ect.

Can I get feedback on the best artwork to use for this and/or suggestions.

Based on the information above I can't tell you or anybody else about how to use our new logo in any artwork.

So even if we would be allowed to use the logo, the surrounding graphical elements and visual language has not yet been defined. Please join the Branding Initiative if you want to be part of the effort to create a consistent visual design that should be used wherever OpenOffice.org is represented by visual means.

The only safe way to distribute OpenOffice.org graphics and texts containing the logo is to use the old one, even if this recommendation is counterproductive to an effective OpenOffice.org marketing.

Florian and myself have requested advise by Oracle legal on how to proceed in this very unsatisfactory situation, but we've got no reply up to now...

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: If you would like to distribute your templates from the link above, please add the gulls to the logo at the right position and in the right size. Modifying the logo by (re)moving the gulls has not been allowed with the old logo either.