Dear OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Members,
Dear OpenOffice.org Marketing Contacts,
Dear Community Members,

all of you have heard the news about the announcement of The Document Foundation. You might have also seen the discussion about this announcement, and a few raised concerns on the public OpenOffice.org mailing lists especially about the role of the OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead.

The feedback that we as group on the one side, and I as individual on the other side have received, has been extremely positive, encouraging this so very important step for our Community. Not only our users and lots of enterprises and public entities worldwide reacted enormously positive, but, most important to me, especially many Community Members show their strong support for the way to a Foundation -- and so I very much feel that with this I am speaking for the Community that voted me as OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead.

In order to help things settle down, I hereby, effective immediately, announce that I will temporarily suspend my role as OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead until version 3.3 of OpenOffice.org has been released. I will hand over all daily tasks to Peter Junge. As Co-Lead, he is the one to step in during times when I'm not available, so he will be the main contact for marketing and press during this time.

To avoid conflicts of interest, when I have to market LibreOffice and OpenOffice.org at the same time, I will focus my work on the marketing mailing list of The Document Foundation during this time.

As I am sure that things will have been sorted out after that period. By temporarily suspending my role as OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead, I hope I can help in contributing to the success of what we as Community built up during the past decade, and will shape during the next.

I very much look forward to our future collaboration and cooperation.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead