Hi,

On 04/03/14 05:03, Qihong Lin wrote:

I'll focus on implementing the LdpSrvice interface using SPARQL.
The implementation can be developed incrementally during the GSoC 2014
summer, if anything would be changed for LdpService. I can also promise to
maintain the implementation after the GSoC program. As a student, it's
great to get involved into an open source community with long time
contributions. I believe I can learn a lot from the project experience.

Your contributions would be welcomed. And don't be self-conscious because your inexperience. That's normal, it happened to everybody at some point, it's a natural learning process. And GSoC is an excellent program for that.

According to your replies, the testing work contains 2 parts: 1) unit tests
(junit) of the SPARQL implementation itself; 2) RESTful service tests
(rest-assured). It seems the later one is service oriented, not for the
concrete implementations. Shall we test the RESTful services for different
LdpService implementations (i.e. different test cases/suits
for different implementations)?

Besides the unit tests, the REST test should behavior exactly the same when plugin your implementation instead of the default one. In principle we're going to provide a sufficient test suite (this is related to MARMOTTA-438 by the way), but we could also expect contributions there for improving the coverage of testing.

I'm clear about the project scopes now: the SPARQL implementation and the
tests. The approaches are lucid in my mind as well. Anything else to be
considered/discussed for the project scopes/approaches/etc? If not, I'd
like to prepare a project proposal draft.

Sure, I think you have enough information to prepare your proposal.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher