Otto von Wachter wrote:

What I would like is to specify some "private" jar
dependencies that are stored in a lib dir. Is there a quick
hack that would allow me to do this? If it is, perhaps
documenting it would increase the adoption of maven among
users like me. If not would it be easy to add this feature?

I have a private jar that I need for my other projects. When I build the private jar, I run:

maven jar:install

And it places the private jar in my local repository for me. From my other projects, I specify this private jar as a dependancy like any other. As the right version is already available locally, maven has no need to look for this private jar on ibiblio or anywhere else.

Regards,
Graham