On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 22:58, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We had a quick chat in IRC about aligning plugin artifacts with normal
> Maven Projects. By this I mean using maven.xml instead of plugin.jelly
> and the simple project.properties instead of plugin.properties.

project to use maven.xml and project.properties at build time. I'd have
thought the obvious solution to make this all more consistent would be
to move the run-time executable parts of the plugin somewhere under the
src directory rather than having everything dumped in the project root
as at the moment:

plugin
  project.xml
  project.properties
  maven.xml
  /src
    /java
      /org...
    /maven
      maven.xml
      project.properties
  /xdocs

This would tighten up the distinction between project metadata and
build-time stuff (project root) and run-time artifacts (somewhere under
src).

-Mark.