Don't think so. JSch is autonomous library.

> I also hear that there is an ssh agent (or ssh agent like, because
> of the obvious lack of unix sockets) for the M$ Windows, distributed
> as a part of the excelent PuTTY package.
>
> This is definetly the most interesting solution as it enables PKI
> authentication, and lifts the burden of asking for passwords from the
> application)

PKI authentication also supported by JSch and is in my code.
You also need to provide a password (passphrase) for private key file.

Like in http://www.tartarus.org/~simon/puttydoc/Chapter8.html#8

So basically Maven takes over the role of "Pageant" in this process.
The problem is that Pageant is long-living process while maven is not.

If somebody will find it is necessary we can think to implement
Command-line deployer which when asked to deploy a file
will basically start a new process
(can be a batch file, executable program etc...).
This will be backward compatible with old conception
of deploying artifacts and will give the same flexibility
of setting up the security infrastructure outside of Maven.

It's an old truth: Either something is secure or is easy to use.

I wanted to make it easier to use.
My main idea was: the most of the people are using MS Windows. I want to
give them easy (out-of-the box) access to such ordinary task (from maven
perspective) as deployment of artifact to remote repository so they don't
need to install any external programs.

Michal