Vincent Massol wrote:
Hi Norbert,

First my mail wasn't about discussing the way plugins are referenced.
> I thought this had already been discussed and agreed (i.e. using project.xml and <dependencies>).
I don't want to change that. All I wanted is to share that idea about plugin independence from project.
The plugin:install I mentioned can coexist with plugins in <dependencies>. It just enables people to focus
on compiling, testing and running project while writing dependencies.

Then your solution doesn't handle plugin versions.
It can be handled easily -D"plugin.version=1.3"
You can add anything missing as system variable.

> One project may want to use such plugin in version 1.0 and another may want to use another version.
> Here's an example: the checkstyle plugin. One project is using checkstyle 2.4 and another one is using checkstyle 3.1.
BTW, I don't know if plugin versions are supportede right now, i.e. if it is possible to have the same plugin
> loaded twice, but with different versions...
See, plugins are different from simple jar dependencies...

--
Norbert Pabiś