Why not simply release Maven 1.0 now (from the 1.0 branch)? There are
some limitations sure but they will be addressed in Maven 1.1.

I think it's much less work (and less risky) than trying to create
something new altogether. I'm really worried by introducing completely
new code when we should actually be releasing maven 1.0.

Maven 1.0 does not have to be the Saint Graal, does it? :-)

I've been using Maven 1.0 beta 10 on a project at work for several
months and it's working fine. Sure there are some limitations (like
inheritance, etc) but it's not preventing us from working.

That said, I'll shut up as I won't have the time to help in the coming
1-2 weeks.

Thanks
-Vincent

Maven