Que? I use groupId/id all the time and its fine. Looking at the code, the
proposed changes should be fine: internally id = artifactId, but getId()
returns groupId:artifactId. artifactId has its own get/set.

The only problem is that getId() seems to setArtifactId(id) even if id were
null it would assign that.

Accursed old project code! :)

I guess its just worth testing first, but as long as you can output
${pom.id} and ${pom.artifactId} in that order and get the correct results,
then it should be fine?

Cheers,
Brett