Maczka Michal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 05/02/2004 09:59:36 PM:
> For example if cactus test cases were kept in separate, dedicated
project
> this particular problem will almost disappear.

We do exactly this at the moment for our J2EE apps.

> "Almost" as the problem is that Maven at the moment (I am speaking about
> default distribution not proprietary plugins)
> is unable to work with the test cases (mostly based on extension of
junit)
> kept main source tree.

Well, yes it can....

> It is also unable to create jars/uberjars from test source tree or even
> notice that test source tree is existing if there
> in no main source tree

Again, yes it can. We have 'Test Projects' where there is no source, just
Unit Test source. This works well.

> I believe that when we will find structured standardized solution for
> organizing iu-tests most of such problems will really
> disappear and that the quality of testing will be improved as at the
moment
> maven doesn't really encourage such practices (they are very painful).

For me, maven does allow exactly that, and it's fairly easy. Our 'test
projects' have dependencies for the tested code, no actual source code
themselves, but unit test source trees.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting