From: Paul Benedict [mailto:pbened...@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:38 PM
To: Apache Maven Developers
Subject: MNG-1683: Zip packaging

Recently I needed to create zip artifacts for overlays into WAR. Maven doesn't
have support for "zip" packaging type projects, but MNG-1683 wants to introduce
it.

I am curious why this issue has been ignored. Is it just a lack of time or
interest? Or is there a philosophical issue behind the delay? I can't see much
difference between the zip lifecycle and jar lifecycle except there is no
default "compile" or "test" bindings.

Cheers,
Paul