Well my experience in building a zip *as a dependency* feels like it's
hackish. For example, I create a "pom" packaging type and then configure
the assembly plugin for the "package" phase. Okay, but I say this is
hackish because it's not straight forward, and the zip is a second artifact
(the pom is first) for installation. This pattern kind of smells to me and
makes me think an official "zip" type really is needed. Having such a type
can take away all this boilerplate.

Cheers,
Paul