On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> wrote:
> Kristian, i cannot imaging how will be customizing a dependency extension.
> For instance each module should change the runOrder differently. Should I
> then build tons of module extension for each project separately?
> The extension code should be in src/test/java or another module, but both
> cases should be supported.
> As i understood the plugin's classpath does not have test classes, then
> there must be an additional ClassLoader to proxy the plugin's ClassLoader
> and to load the MOJO AbstractSurefireMojo.class and make injection of
> @parameters on new proxy instance again, or? Is it possible to extend the
> Classworld ClassLoader in plugin runtime?

So, I think I'm seeing another consideration here.

If I read Tibor correctly, he does not like the need to build a whole
java class in a jar file (or maybe just a jar file?) to express some
small customization.

But, at the same time, some of us would not be happy to be mixing
Maven-specific code into the middle of the test source code, since in
some environments it has to work in Maven and also in ant or something
else.

This highlights the Groovy idea -- or at least the idea of a DSL that
can be directly typed into the POM, which avoids both.