I’m -1 to retiring the maven-eclipse-plugin until the m2e stuff is at a state
where it can be as flexible and useful as the maven-eclipse-plugin.   Trying to
bring a large complex project like CXF into eclipse with m2e is PAINFUL and
doesn’t even result in fully configured and ready workspace.   The developer
experience within eclipse is so much better after using the
maven-eclipse-plugin.

I suppose that does mean I should step up and look at some of the JIRA’s and
get a release out.  I’ll see if I can find some time.

Dan

> On Feb 2, 2015, at 4:23 AM, Michael Osipov <1983-01...@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I have performed another cleanup on JIRA in the last couple of days, most of
> on old issues.
> Right now, we have more than 2000 open issues. Not manageble from my point of
> view.
>
> I have noticed that several plugins haven't been touched in years. What is
> the status of
> the following plugins:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-docck-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-doap-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-repository-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-stage-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-eclipse-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-verifier-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-patch-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/
> http://maven.apache.org/archetype/maven-archetype-plugin/
>
> Is anyone working on them or planning to release a version? Any thoughts or
> objections?
>
> I'd like to retire them and clean up JIRA plugin by plugin.
>
> Michael

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog