I was the last one doing a release there, primarily fixing some issues that
blocked it from being much of use for Java 8 projects that share the
.project / .classpath files in SCM. I still stand by the reasoning that I
had the last time, of why there is still the need for it - despite the
great lengths that m2e has come.

But I can totally welcome the idea to donate it to Mojohaus, where it
whould be more open to changes by users who want to chip in. Because let's
face it, I didn't even get to fix the formality issues that Karl-Heinz
found during the vote of that last release... :-/

So, +1 on retring and donating it.

Btw, are there any changes after the last release that require an
additional release now?