One thing we should try going forward is be more ready to won't fix
and close bugs and RFEs we disagree with. I've seen several examples
where the comments indicate the maintainers did not agree with the
issue, but it still wasn't closed. E.g.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1227

Closing an issue is not irrevocable. Issues can always be reopened, if
the reporter or anyone else disagrees. Indeed it is more respectful to
reporters to be politely honest with them about our true objections,
rather than simply ignoring the issue and not responding.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org