On Mon, Dec 9, 2019 at 3:18 PM Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 2019-12-08 um 18:08 schrieb Elliotte Rusty Harold:
> > Please don't. There are certainly some real and important issues in
> > there. More importantly, users spent a great deal of effort and time
> > to file those. Bulk closing them tells those users we don't value
> > their feedback or effort. It is useful to triage these issues and
> > consider them individually. Doubtless many of these issues are already
> > fixed, moot, or things we expressly chose not to do. However this
> > should be decided case by case. We can't simply close our eyes and
> > pretend they're all irrelevant.
>
> Hi Elliotte,

> We have almost 2000 open issues. How would you reasonably sieve between
> them? even if you allocate 10 min per ticket, you would need two months
> of work to triage them.

Use the time we have to fix as much as we can. Leave the rest open.
Some will never be touched but some will be when someone encounters
the same problem and finds the bug again. It's better to leave it open
and unaddressed than to close it without giving it a fair look.

As to time spent triaging, it's worth considering whether permissions
could be opened up further. Right now, almost anyone can file a bug
but few people can resolve and close them. I can't, for example, even
when I see one that's clearly no longer relevant. :-(

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org