Sure. The only problem is deciding what to move. Can we vote before
moving anything?

Also, do you set up a practice of having new plugins systematically go
through the sandbox and the be promoted to maven-plugins after a vote or
is it an adhoc decision.

For example, I'd like to add a new plugin for Abbot (functional tests
for swing applications). Even though it would be better hosted in the
Abbot plugin they do not use Maven and are thus not familiar with it.
I'd like to move to maven-plugins or maven-plugins-sandbox and then
possibly later move it to the Abbot project if they express interest. In
the meantime, I'll support it. I could move it to the sandbox as a first
step if we wish to try this?

Thanks
-Vincent