nice!

on Reproducible Builds for Maven, we're pretty finished:
- few plugins still need to support reproducible output: m-shade-p in vote,
remains m-war-p, Felix bundle:bundle
- on making our sub-projects builds reproducible [1], only 2 sub-project are
not yet finished, waiting for previous plugins releases
I would have loved to have such help one year ago :)

Something ambitious could be the important next step = report for any project
if his dependencies are reproducible or not: reproducible-central [2] is part
of a proof of concept for that, that requires much improvements. This will
require to define what trust model to apply: in reproducible-central, I
personally commit content, provide a recipe that I tell you I applied: should
you trust me? did I not cheat sometimes, for personal reasons? am I not the
only one on the planet being able to reproduce?
This topic could be really nice, but not easy, solutions are not precisely
defined. And it goes beyond Maven but to any build tool.

Helping any project that uses Maven (or other if possible) to make their build
reproducible could be useful to have more reproducible JVM artifacts in the
wild.

Another more oriented topic would be to work on maven-shade-plugin: while
working on reproducibility, this plugin seems to require some love

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://github.com/jvm-repo-rebuild/reproducible-maven-HEAD

[2] https://github.com/jvm-repo-rebuild/reproducible-central