Am 2020-04-10 um 16:12 schrieb Elliotte Rusty Harold:
Due to external developments, I am suddenly able to recruit, fund, and
manage as many as five interns, probably undergraduates, to work on
open source projects such as Maven and its plugins for 12 weeks this
summer.

My management chain has a particular interest in reproducible builds,
so if there's work to be done on that, it would be a really easy sell.
However I can probably get approval for any useful project that can
plausibly be accomplished by a junior/senior CS major in 12 weeks. We
do like these to be feature projects, not simply refactoring or
maintenance.

If anyone has a good idea, or would simply like to point me to
particular issues in Jira that sound like good projects, let me know
and I can start the bureaucratic wheels turning on my end. As long as
the feature being proposed already has general agreement that it's a
good idea, I'll be able to do pretty much all the legwork for managing
the project(s). It shouldn't require any noticeable time from other
maintainers.

I have at least three points one can work on:

* Review, upgrade, skim Doxia for Velocity 2.2 along with other reporting modules. The code base is old. * We have a lot of code overlap with Codehaus and Apache Commons. Stuff implemented many many times. The goal would be to analyze a duplicate spots and see how they can be reduced/consolidated. Karl and me have already talked about. You should contact him about this. * There is some stuff one can work on Wagon, but I would keep this if no one can fill a remaining void.

Michael