On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 6:53 AM Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> wrote:

> I agree with Herve to start with deprecating 3.0.x.
> And what sounds nice to me is producing the plugins with 3.1 as
> minimum and clearing the old code and tests for 3.0.x.
> This sounds like a plan for the community.

I concur with this and feel like we actually made this decision
already, though I'd have to dig through the archives to find the exact
message.

What do we mean by "deprecating"? In Java world I think of deprecating
as adding @Deprecated to a method or class, which doesn't work here.
Are we talking about removing support for Maven 3.0.x in future work?
That sounds good to me.

I'm still working on removing references to **Maven 2.x** and even 1.x
from the website. Once that's done perhaps we can remove 3.0.x as
well.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elh...@ibiblio.org