Le jeudi 16 avril 2020, 13:01:31 CEST Elliotte Rusty Harold a écrit :
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 6:53 AM Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> wrote:
> > I agree with Herve to start with deprecating 3.0.x.
> > And what sounds nice to me is producing the plugins with 3.1 as
> > minimum and clearing the old code and tests for 3.0.x.
> > This sounds like a plan for the community.
>
> I concur with this and feel like we actually made this decision
> already, though I'd have to dig through the archives to find the exact
> message.
perhaps we should write some statement somewhere on
https://maven.apache.org/developers/index.html

> What do we mean by "deprecating"? In Java world I think of deprecating
> as adding @Deprecated to a method or class, which doesn't work here.
> Are we talking about removing support for Maven 3.0.x in future work?
> That sounds good to me.
upgrading Maven Version Prerequisite for plugins to 3.1 instead of 3.0
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/dist-tool-plugin/site/dist-tool-prerequisites.html

> I'm still working on removing references to **Maven 2.x** and even 1.x
> from the website. Once that's done perhaps we can remove 3.0.x as
> well.
sure, cleanup at every level including documentation can be useful
thank you