Le lun. 4 mai 2020 à 16:55, Slawomir Jaranowski <s.jaranow...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Hi,
> In my humble opinion it is not the best way to implement own api when
> similar api is already ready and maintained.
>
> There is another project used for metrics: micrometer, as we can see it is
> a quite popular 2.3K stars, 500 forks  on github
> https://github.com/micrometer-metrics/micrometer
>
> Please consider similar situation with logging api used in maven, we have
> different logging in plexus component, maven plugin api, maven core, ...
> and now slf4j is try to replace old
>
>   Why it is so important to you to be independent in this case?

Cause none is stable and it will be user facing (mojo dev) so it is key to
create an API we - maven - can assume in time and not depend on vendors.
Microprofile just proved it would have been a bad choice cause they broke
the API quite drastically (I'm not blaming them, it is the microprofile
contract for now but at maven stage it would have been a bad choice).
This is not a ton of API and impl can rely on anything you want while fully
isolated (proxy on API?) from the mojo/extensions classloader (otherwise it
will conflict for sure).