Maybe I'm still missing a detail, but this is what I had in mind:
Maven already fires events.
The extension listens to these events and can do its metrics.
I see no need for a hard coupling between these two.

Robert

On 10-5-2020 10:28:42, Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com> wrote:
Il Dom 10 Mag 2020, 09:21 Romain Manni-Bucau ha
scritto:

> Le dim. 10 mai 2020 à 07:43, Enrico Olivelli a
> écrit :
>
> > Robert
> > Maybe I was misunderstood.
> > We need a new repo only for the Metrics API.
> >
> > Maven core (3.7?) provides the noop implementation.
> >
> > Implementations of MetricsProvider will be extensions. I feel it is
> better
> > that we don't deal with implementations as a first step.
> > I will leave a couple of implementations in my personal repo.
> >

> Think we need at least a trivial memory impl with maybe a "log at
> shutdown" feature otherwise it will not bring anything to end users

Yep

I have already implemented it :)

Robert,
I saw the github notification about the new two repositories

Thank you all

Enrico