The code written in j8 looks more compact. The loops and annonymous classes
with one method do not waste the code lines.

You can create a branch for the Maven Resolver 2.0 and the later Maven can
use it.

Do we need to have Maven Resolver 2.0 in the Maven 3.7.0?
The Maven 3.7.0 is @j8 and using Resolver 1.4.2.
What changes you expect in Maven Resolver 2.0? If it is only Java 1.8 *code
*then it should be no problem except the performance of some Streams.

Probably the Maven Resolver 2.0 would be used in 3.7.1 or 3.8.0. But if the
Maven 3.7.0 is @j8 then using Resolver 2.0@j8 should not harm the Maven.
The older versions of Resolver can continue the development in branches.
Everything would have a permanent progress and we don't have to stop
somewhere in the master.