Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 10/05/2004 12:07:39 AM:

> On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 01:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Even better, get mailing lists set up for the top level cvs modules,
e.g.

> > maven-components-dev etc and send them there.
>
> As Brett and I start back porting components from maven2 into maven1 it
> will be important to see everything. Brett wants to try and back port
> something soon and that migth be the model mechanism from maven2 or a
> plugin and I will be doing the same shortly after the 1.x is release. So
> while maven1 will certainly for a long time, it won't exist for long
> without much code from maven2.

At which point they'd be Maven1 commits right?

'Something soon' wont be 'til post 1.0 at the earliest so it's a long time
off for me. I'd have a coupla hundred of those build messages before then.

I'm hoping the buggy, bash only, build process isn't going to be adopted
for the back porting.

> I think what would be more appropriate would be to create plugin mailing
> lists for plugin developers like yourself and then you can just
> unsubscribe from the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. The people who are interested in
> the core, those who have actually done significat work in the core, can
> see what transpires.

Yes please. I'd love to have a maven-plugins mailing list separate from
the core.

My filters currently trash any maven2 commits anyways, but it's a PITA to
download them all the time.

The only issue is the codependence between core and plugins.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting