Am 2021-12-12 um 19:05 schrieb Robert Scholte:
Jason,

my point is that i DID write integration tests as part of the donation to better understand the code, improve the codebase and its reliability. While writing them I did find several issues, some caused because the scripts didn't get in sync with the Maven core scripts. So it is possible to automate these tests, they are there, somebody just has to ported them to the new project. Also with the change of strategy how the wrapper should work we need integration-tests to confirm it all works. We shouldn't gamble, as almost every release people will only test is _after_ its vote, which is just too late.

Yes, that is said, we have seen this with Maven 3.8.x recently, but we can't change people. Let's get over with and just push a release. Let it soak in and continue with bugfixes.