Agree, 3 days is nothing.

Am 2022-02-03 um 12:23 schrieb Xeno Amess:
3 days?
according to my experience, usually you need 30 - 180 days.

Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> 于2022年1月28日周五 06:40写道:

It's nice to write some rules but still the developers are not machines.
You can, for instance, get some vote for totally crazy things like removing
public method in a library which is widely used in ASF or in the world.
Yes, your right against the rules but was this according to the best
practices, those best practices which must be learned by the developers for
years?
Was the public method @Deprecated before removal?
Did you check the consumers of this artifact in the Maven repository and
checked or asked the projects if it can be removed?
Did you announce the community on the site?
What if there are other deprecated methods and they have survived several
releases but still not removed, and this method is going to be removed
without deprecation? Is it consistent in project which is used by others?
These are all the things which cannot be written in the rules but we have
it somewhere in our mind.
Do you obey your internal rules?
Which have higher priority?

I don't need to have an answer for my questions, since they are not
questions...

On Tue, Jan 25, 2022 at 8:46 PM Slawomir Jaranowski <
s.jaranow...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

On the page "Apache Maven Project Roles" [1] we have paragraph
about Committers with:

The Apache Maven project uses a Commit then Review policy and has a
number
of conventions which should be followed.

Looks like Review then Commit policy is from svn time, so should be
refreshed or confirmed that is actual.

When we want Review than Commit policy, we need some rules which allow us
to effectively work if nobody is interested for feedback.
We also need rules / examples for direct commits, when they are
acceptable.

Do we need different rules for Maven core, plugins, shared ... etc

Example of rule:

PR -> no feedback for X days -> send a mail on dev@, if still not
feedback
after X days after mail  -> proceed alone

[1] https://maven.apache.org/project-roles.html#committers

--
Sławomir Jaranowski