Am 2022-09-14 um 08:48 schrieb Konrad Windszus:
I believe that all file files which are necessary for CI, SCM and others
are not required to be build in that build and are just noise. So I'd be
in favor of a PR for this.

Michael

Thanks for the comment. As such excludes are useful for all packaging plugins
WDYT about maintaining such an extended default excludes list in
https://codehaus-plexus.github.io/plexus-archiver/apidocs/org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/Archiver.html
 instead of maintaining it per Maven plugin?

I think this makes sense to have common non-SCM excludes like CI files and other stuff which are not related to the build itself.

I am thinking about adding an addExtendedDefaultExcludes() to Archive which
does the skipping when creating the archive (in addition to the limited default
excludes from p-u Scanner skipping while listing files). Obviously the javadoc
must outline the differences between the two exclude sets. To be on the safe
side, it would probably make sense to make the extended default excludes of
Archiver a real superset of the default excludes of p-u Scanner (and therefore
also the derived PlexusIoFileResourceCollection.

I like the idea of the default super set. The bigger one includes the smaller one and yet you can override if necesssary. Willing to review a PR if you want to work on it.

Michael