Eliotte I kind of fail to follow your reasoning because it literally means
don't log any info and just set default log level to ERROR which I don't
think will make anyone happy.
You also tend to think everything works all the time but network issues are
not work/fail kind of issue, the hanging case is really bothering and
downloading logs really help there when you can keep them.
Lastly downloads are not expected by maven after one build so being a bit
more verbose is not an issue and going outside the machine should likely
always be logged at the beginning these days.

Romain Manni-Bucau