Miguel,

Applying such patches are not that easy, as the patch adds a new feature
to the dependency which I'm not sure if it's the right one.

I mean, I liked your patch, but I would prefer that the comment was a
child element of the dependency, as Michal suggested. But then it would
requires a change in the POM DTD, which would only work on Maven 1.1 and
POM v4.

So, I think this issue should better discussed in the list (or better
yet, at the Jira entry) before we take any action.

-- Felipe