On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 14:32, Eric Pugh wrote:
> I don't know how this affects your question, but my immediate use case for
> maven-model is to load up a POM for a project, and then attempt to load up
> each dependencies POM.  I'd like to be able to generate a report that lets
> me know that I am using the latest and greatest versioned artifact of each
> dependency, and so on up the line.
>
> Does maven-model transparently handle differing versions of the POM?   I
> guess it would have to be versioned somehow in the package name in order to
> support that?

The maven-model package is strictly for reading in the POM so it deals
with straight data transfer and that's it. It does one thing and does it
well. All the voodoo we do in m2 is in the project build which uses the
maven-model package to read in POMs but all the inheritance and
interpolation is done in the project builder. The maven-model package is
meant to be as simple as possible and do one thing only so you could
theoretcially use it for anything you like.

> Eric

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]